Account Help - Purchasing
- The Recent Orders page shows a listing of your most recent orders, which can be sorted by Order Number, Amount, Date Entered, or PO/Job Name. You may use the drop-down box at the top to show only recent orders for individual Sub-Accounts.
- To view ALL recent orders click the "List All" link at the bottom of the list, and the table will be filled with all recent orders. With all orders displayed, you may use the drop-down menu that appears at the top to control how many rows per page are shown.
- Search your recent orders using the 'Search Orders' tool on the right. Choose a ‘search by’ method—Order Number, Elliott Catalog Number, PO / Job Name, or Custom Part Number—and enter your text and click Search.
- Each Search Results page has the same search option at the top so there’s no need to go back for additional searches.
Recent Orders > Order Details
- When you click an order number in the Recent Orders list you will see the Order Details screen.
- In addition to seeing all of the items and respective QTY's on your selected order (in the "Items Ordered" tab), you can view any items on order from the manufacturer (in the "Open Items" tab) as well as documents attached to the order (in the "Attached Documents" tab), which may be Purchase Orders, Packaging Slips, or anything you like.
- Attaching Documents: You can attach any documents or scanned images to the order from this page (using the "Attach Documents" button). Attachments appear in the "Attached Documents" tab at the bottom.
- You can also copy a recent order and use it as a template for placing a new order, adjusting the QTY's and adding items as needed. To do this, simply click the green "Copy Order" button at the top-right. Also, using the buttons at the top-right, you can print or email the selected order's full details.
- Order Details > Shipment Status & Info
- Also on the Order Details page, you'll find the "Shipment Information" summary, which provides the current status, item QTY's, and dollar amounts for each shipment. You can drill-down into every shipment associated with the order. As certain orders will have multiple shipments, our system lets you see each shipment's status and (by clicking the Shipment Number) the tracking number (if applicable) as well as the items included on the selected shipment. All of this information is also available for non-shipped orders (like pick-ups, etc.), giving you the place, time, and method by which your materials left our facilities.
Back to top
Purchase Order Recap
- The Purchase Order Recap report lets you view every detail of an ongoing or completed purchase order on your account. This includes the ability to see every item (with part descriptions) on a PO, even in rare cases when a PO is broken into multiple orders. You can also see which items are still on order, if any. By drilling down into the order details you can view the shipment status for every item.
- Above: See the "Recap Shortcuts" on the left? These are very helpful for finding relevant PO's quickly!
- With the "Custom Search" box, shown above, you can search all of your purchase orders (by name or number). Or, you can use the shortcut buttons to jump to a list of open orders, orders in progress, or all recent orders.
- The settings below the search box are optional. You can choose a specific sub-account (job) if you like, or if you want to include quotes and/or completed orders in your search, simply click the appropriate checkbox at the bottom of the search area.
- The above is an example of using the "Open Orders" shortcut from the first step. The other shortcuts will look much like this. Simply click a PO number from the list to view it in detail. This list can be emailed or downloaded as a spreadsheet.
- On the other hand, if you directly enter a PO number or name, you will skip the above step and proceed directly to the PO details screen, shown below.
- When viewing a single purchase order, you will see the data in complete detail. You can further drill-down by clicking on the Order Number and even individual part numbers. On this screen, you also have options to email and download the data shown.
- The active date range for the selected purchase order will appear in the upper right corner. If desired, check the box to "Show Item Descriptions," and an item description will appear below each part number on the order.
- This screen shows the current (real-time) status for each item on the order, in addition to complete accounting data for your convenience.
Back to top
- The Purchasing History / Activity tool generates reports of purchasing activity for the date range you specify. Choose the desired Sub-Account (or "All"), the date range, the Elliott store location (you may choose "All"), the preferred number of items per page, the visibility of part descriptions, and, optionally, enter a specific item number and/or PO/Job Name to narrow the report. Click 'Display Report' to see the results.
- The resulting list can be sorted by each column, as well as emailed or printed. You may click individual item numbers or invoice numbers in the list to view their details. Click the "New Search" button in the upper right corner to change your parameters and generate the report again.
Back to top
- The Price File Request process lets you request either a one-time or recurring price file on items sold by Elliott Electric Supply. Choose to create a Recurring Price File or a One-time Price File. The only difference between the two request processes is that if you choose Recurring, the second page will include an additional Frequency setting that lets you elect to receive the recurring file either monthly or weekly. On the second page of the process, enter your email, preferred estimation software, and one of the following item sets: Last 12 month’s sales, Items with Discounts, or Most Common Items. Press the Submit Request button to start receiving your Price File.
Back to top
Custom Part Numbers
- Our 'Custom Part Numbers' tool allows you to load your own part numbers to correspond with any of our products. Once loaded and saved, your own part numbers will appear when browsing products, making purchases, building quotes or custom lists, as well as on your invoices. You can also use your custom part numbers in the main search bar that appears on every page.
- Below is a general outline of what's available with Custom Part Numbers. For a more detailed description of this useful feature, see the Custom Part Numbers Help page.
- The main Custom Part Numbers page (shown above) offers four primary features:
- Rapid Entry—this portion of the page lets you define your Custom Part Numbers quickly by entering them with our corresponding catalog numbers side-by-side into the two labeled columns. Once you’ve submitted your entries, if you already have any existing Custom Part Numbers for the products you entered, you will be asked to choose the existing numbers or your new entries as the ones you will use.
- Upload Spreadsheet—this option, found at the lower left of the main custom part numbers page, allows you to upload multiple part numbers at once (via .csv spreadsheet). The first step of the process provides instructions for how to arrange your spreadsheet.
- Product Search—this method of setting up your Custom Part Numbers starts by locating the products to which you will assign custom numbers. The search box allows you to search by Elliott Part Number, Manufacturer/Brand, or via Keywords.
- Once you locate the desired product(s), click the "(Add)" link beside each item to open the entry boxes for your Custom Part Number and your own description for the item. Click "Save All Changes" when you are done.
- Note: if you already know the Elliott part numbers for the desired products, you may find the Spreadsheet Upload or the Rapid Entry method to more convenient.
- Maintain Custom Part Numbers—this section of the page allows you to search for products for which you have already loaded your own Custom Part Numbers so that you can edit/change the Custom Part Number and/or description. Simply click the "Edit" link next to any item in the search results list and you will be able to enter new text. Be sure to click "Save All Changes" when you are done.
- Read more on the Custom Part Numbers Help Page.
Back to top
Create New Sub-Account
- The Create New Sub-Account process involves four steps that allow you to setup a new Sub-Account.
- On the first page, you will enter the basic Job information. Not all of the fields are required, only the ones indicated by red double-asterisks**.
- The second step of the process lets you specify the Job’s General Contractor and Property Owner. You can choose from drop-down lists of contractors/owners used in the past, or you may enter new ones by clicking the 'Create New' link.
- On the third screen you will set the new Sub-Account’s Billing Options. By default, you will receive one invoice copy by mail, but you may request more. If you would like to receive Invoices by Fax and/or Email, enter the appropriate fax/email information.
- The final page will display a summary of all the information you have entered so that you can verify its accuracy. There is also a text box at the bottom for entering an optional message for your credit representative. When you are done, click the 'Submit New Sub-Account' button and the creation process will be complete and pending approval from your Elliott representative.
Back to top